The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board in its Vol. 1, No 11 weekly Bulletin of the Office of the Registrar stated that there is no exemption on biometric verification for all candidates of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination. According to the board, biometric verification will be the only mode of entry for candidates into its examination centres nationwide,
It was also noted that no candidate should be kept waiting if he or she cannot be verified but should be directed to contact JAMB.
The examination has been scheduled to commence April 11th across the country.
The board added that all examination officials, including security agents, are to ensure compliance with all guidelines, rules and regulations on the examination as strict adherence to the guide on compulsory biometric verification of every candidate is required.
Here are the 6 important points released by JAMB on the Biometric Verification;
- Biometric Verification will be the only mode for the admittance of candidates into the examination centre.
- Exemption mode is not allowed for anycandidate.Therefore, NOBIOMETRIC VERIFICATION, NO EXAMINATION.
- No Candidate should be kept waiting. If he/she cannot be verified, Such candidate should be directed to contact JAMB.
- There is no other attendance register apart from the biometric verification. Biometric verification will also serve as attendance register during examination.
- Photo Albums will only carry pictures with no marking points for either Present or Absent.
- All Examination Officials, including the security agents are to ensure compliance with all guidelines, rules and regulations on the examination. Strict adherence to the guide on compulsory biometric verification of every candidate is required.
Candidates are also to ensure that they do not go to the exam hall with any of the prohibited items. You can check the JAMB list of prohibited items